Where the Music Begins!
Music lessons and music instruction are about much more than simply learning to read notes and knowing where they land on a piano or keyboard. Unfortunately, many music schools and music studios leave it at that.
At Westside Music School our music instruction and music teachers believe that to learn to play the piano, or any instrument, the music begins long before a student is able to read notes on a page. Music begins within each of us – through listening, singing and rhythmic activities. As these skills are developed, note reading will come more naturally and students experience total musical development.
Harmony Road Curriculum
The Westside Music School philosophy is founded on the Harmony Road Curriculum, where students learn by doing: first by honing the ear and singing; then by singing and playing on the piano or keyboard; finally bringing the student’s music education full circle by reading notes.
Music Lessons Enrich Our Lives
Music lessons make our lives richer by expanding horizons, developing creativity and imagination, and providing a lifetime of enjoyment. Whether you or your child are pursuing music instruction as a hobby or on a competitive or professional level, learning to play the piano or other instrument will help to create a sense of self-worth, a joy of learning, and a love for music.
Westside Music School understands that you have many choices when looking at music studios and music schools. Here are just a few of the differences you’ll experience at Westside:
- Qualified music instruction (degreed, tested, trained, experienced) teachers
- Parents are welcome and encouraged to attend music classes
- Optimum music class sizes – maximum 10 students per class
- Age appropriate Instruction programs available for all ages – toddlers (as young as 18 months) through adults
- Specializing in piano lessons, keyboard lessons, guitar lessons, violin lessons and early childhood music classes available at one location
- Convenient class schedules – most classes are available weekdays, evenings, Saturdays
- Performance opportunities (low-pressure recitals) offered at least twice a year at no additional charge
- Desk staff available to assist you during all teaching hours, every day
Westside Music School is January's Featured Business in the Cedar Mill News! Read the article....
To view a studio comparison checklist, click here.
ARE YOU BRAND NEW TO MUSIC LESSONS?
FIND OUT WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW!
Click on the link below.
5 Ways to Get the Most Out of Music Lessons