Westside Music School - Where the Music Begins!
Director / Owner
Claudia has been a music lover her entire life. Very early, she felt the calling to become a music teacher, working with several students while she was still in high school. She has been a student of music throughout her life and career (see list of degrees and certifications below). She began her professional career as a music instructor in 1979 with the Keyser Music Center. Nine years later, in 1988, she purchased Westside Music School.
With a love for teaching students of all ages and Claudia enjoys watching as they grow in knowledge, ability, and confidence. In addition to providing music instruction Claudia also enjoys the challenge of managing the music school and the joy of getting to know and work with really wonderful people. One of the most fulfilling aspects of teaching students is the privilege of being involved with the students’ families while they’re students, then having them keep in touch with her as they move on through high school, college, and beyond.
One of the interesting things that most people don’t know about Claudia is the time she spent in prison… not as an inmate, but as a volunteer accompanist for the choir in San Quentin Prison in California. She also knows a good deal when she sees one… she also teaches piano classes and keyboard lessons on cruise ships. This has allowed her to see the world!
Claudia found her way to Oregon a step at a time. Born in Philadelphia, she grew up in Duluth, Minnesota and spent her high school, college and early professional years in California. In 1978 she saw the light (through the smog and traffic of southern California) and moved permanently to Oregon. She and her husband of 35 years love to travel and frequently visit their 8 grandchildren (and their 3 grown sons) in Tennessee, Texas and California. Music runs in the Reinsch family – all 3 sons play piano and at least one other instrument.
- College of Marin, Kentfield California
- San Francisco State University, San Francisco, California
- University of Redlands, Redlands California – Bachelor of Music degree 1973
- Graduate study:
- Dominican College of San Rafael, San Rafael California (summer course)
- Portland State University, Portland, OR – piano pedagogy workshop(s)
- Marylhurst College, Portland, OR – Composition for teachers workshop
- Training & Certifications
- Yamaha Music Education System, Buena Park, California
- Harmony Road Music Education System, Clackamas, Oregon
- Yamaha/Crystal Cruises Passport to Music Program
- Several Yamaha Summer Technology Seminars
- Annual Keyboard and Ensemble Technology Seminar at University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
- Professional Organizations:
- Oregon Music Teachers Association, Portland District
- Oregon Federation of Music Clubs